Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Stable oncolytic formulations|
|Abstract:||Stable, sterile, ready-to-use formulations of oncolytic vincristine are provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Robison; Robert L. (Greenwood, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A formulation comprising a stable, sterile, ready-to-use solution suitable for i.v. injection containing about 1-2 mg./ml. of a salt of vincristine, about 10-100 mg./ml. of a
polyol selected from the group consisting of mannitol, sorbitol, and sucrose, an acetate buffer in the range of about 0.02-0.0005M to maintain the pH of the solution between 3.0 and 5.0, about 1-2 mg./ml. of a preservative selected from the group
consisting of methyl paraben and propyl paraben, singly or in combination, and water.
2. A formulation according to claim 1 substantially free of chloride ion.
3. A formulation according to claim 1 in which the polyol is mannitol.
4. A formulation according to claim 1 in which the concentration of the acetate buffer is 0.01-0.002M.
5. A formulation according to claim 1 containing per ml. of final solution about 1 mg. of vincristine sulfate, 10-100 mg. of mannitol, 1-2 mg. of a preservative selected from the group consisting of methyl paraben and propyl paraben, singly or in combination, and water q.s. to 1 ml., with the pH of said solution being maintained by a 0.02-0.0005M acetate buffer.
6. A formulation according to claim 5 in which the buffered pH range is 4.4-4.8.
7. A formulation according to claim 6 in which the concentration of the acetate buffer is 0.01-0.002M.
8. A formulation according to claim 7 which contains, per ml. of final solution, about 1 mg. of vincristine sulfate, 100 mg. of mannitol, 1.3 mg. of methyl paraben, and 0.2 mg. of propyl paraben.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.