DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,617,319
|Title:||Method of treating multiple sclerosis|
|Abstract:||A method of treating neuroimmunologic diseases such as multiple sclerosis and acute disseminated encephalomyelitis using 1,4-dihydroxy-5,8-bis[[(2-hydroxyethylamino)ethyl]amino]anthraquinone, or a pharmacologically acceptable acid addition salt thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Kerwar; Suresh S. (Ossining, NY), Sloboda; Adolph E. (New City, NY), Ridge; Susan C. (Valley Cottage, NY)|
|Assignee:||American Cyanamid Company (Stamford, CT)|
1. A method of treating neuroimmunologic diseases in a mammal which comprises administering parenterally to said mammal from about 0.25 to about 0.5 mg per kilogram of body
weight per day of a compound selected from 1,4-dihydroxy-5,8-bis[[2-(2-hydroxethylamino)ethyl]amino]-anthraquinone and the pharmacologically acceptable acid addition salts thereof.
2. A method according to claim 1, wherein the compound is 4-dihydroxy-5,8-bis[[2-(2-hydroxyethylamino)ethyl]amino]anthraquinone, dihydrochloride.
3. A method according to claim 1, wherein the compound is administered intraperitoneally.
4. A method according to claim 1, wherein the neuroimmunologic disease is multiple sclerosis.
5. A method according to claim 1, wherein the neuroimmunologic disease is acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.
6. A method of treating neuroimmunologic diseases in mammals which comprises administering parenterally an sufficient amount of 1,4-dihydroxy-5,8-bis[[2-(2-hydroxyethylamino)ethyl]amino]anthraquinone or a pharmacologically acceptable acid addition salt thereof to palliate muscular weakness and paralysis symptomatic of these diseases in said mammals.
7. A method according to claim 6, wherein the neuroimmunologic disease is multiple sclerosis.
8. A method according to claim 6, wherein the neuroimmunologic disease is acute disseminated encephalomyelitis.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.