DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,615,876
|Title:||Macrocyclic complexes of technetium-99m for use as diagnostic radionuclides|
|Abstract:||Stable neutral-lipophilic complexes of technetium-99m (Tc-99m) useful as diagnostic radionuclidic imaging agents are formed by complexing technetium-99m pertechnetate with alkylene amine oximes (viz. propylene amine oxime) in aqueous solutions under reducing conditions. The complexes have a zero charge, contain an O--H--O ring closure bond, and are sufficiently stable for parental administration in imaging by scintillation scanning. Substituents can be attached to the C.sub.2 to C.sub.4 alkylene carbon backbone of the tetradentate amine oxime ligands to structurally modify them and produce a variety of Tc-99m-radiopharmaceuticals with specific body imaging applications.|
|Inventor(s):||Troutner; David E. (Columbia, MO), Volkert; Wynn A. (Columbia, MO)|
|Assignee:||Curators of the University of Missouri (Columbia, MO)|
1. The class of lipophilic macrocyclic complexes of technetium-99m (Tc-99m) useful as diagnostic radionuclides, said complexes being formed by complexing in aqueous solution
technetium-99m pertechnetate (TcO.sub.4.sup.- -99m) under reducing conditions with an alkylene amine oxime containing from 2 to 4 carbons in the alkylene group, said complexes having a zero charge, containing an O--H--O ring closure bond, and being
sufficiently stable for parenteral administration.
2. The macrocyclic complexes of claim 1 in which said oxime is propylene amine oxime.
3. The macrocyclic complexes of claim 1 in which said alkylene group is substituted with a lipophilic hydrocarbon group.
4. The macrocyclic complexes of claim 1 in which said alkylene group is substituted with a long chain fatty acid group containing from 6 to 22 carbons.
5. The complexes of claim 1 having a single oxygen bonded to the reduced Tc-99m.
6. The complexes of claim 1 in which said alkylene group is substituted by an alkyl amine or polyalkylamine group.
7. The macrocyclic complexes of claim 1 in which said oxime is ethylene amine oxime.
8. The macrocyclic complex of technetium-99m (Tc-99m) useful as a diagnostic radionuclide which is formed by complexing in aqueous solution technetium-99m pertechnetate (TcO.sub.4.sup.- -99m) under reducing conditions with 2,2'-(1,3-diaminopropane) bis(2-methyl-3-butanone) dioxime (PnAO), said complex having a zero charge, containing an O--H--O ring closure bond, having a single oxygen bonded to the reduced Tc-99m, and being stable in aqueous solution when exposed to oxygen.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.