Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||This invention provides a method of producing analgesia in mammals which comprises administering dextropropoxyphene and fluoxetine or norfluoxetine. Pharmaceutical formulations useful in this method are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Hynes; Martin D. (Carmel, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A method of potentiating dextropropoxyphene analgesia in mammals which comprises the administration to said mammal of an effective amount of fluoxetine or norfluoxetine in the time
range between 24 hours before and 2 hours after the administration of dextropropoxyphene.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the compounds are administered simultaneously.
3. The method of claim 2 employing fluoxetine hydrochloride.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein about 10 to about 80 mg of fluoxetine hydrochloride and from about 30 to about 100 mg of dextropropoxyphene napsylate are administered.
5. A pharmaceutical formulation which comprises fluoxetine or norfluoxetine, dextropropoxyphene, and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier, diluent, or excipient therefor, wherein the ratio of fluoxetine or norfluoxetine to dextropropoxyphene is about 4:1 to 1:4 and the combination of active ingredients is present in an effective amount.
6. A formulation according to claim 5 employing fluoxetine hydrochloride.
7. A formulation according to claim 6 wherein the ratio of fluoxetine hydrochloride to dextropropoxyphene is approximately 1:2.
8. A formulation according to claim 7 employing from about 10 to about 80 mg of fluoxetine hydrochloride and from about 30 to about 100 mg of dextropropoxyphene napsylate.
9. A formulation according to claim 8 which is formulated for oral administration.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.