DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,593,119
|Title:||Method for treatment or prophylaxis of cardiac disorders|
|Abstract:||A method for the treatment or prophylaxis of cardiac disorders in a mammal, comprising administering to such mammal a short-acting .beta.-blocking compound of the formula: ##STR1## wherein R may be lower alkyl, aryl, or aralkyl; n may be an integer from 0 to about 10; x may be an integer from 1 to 3; Ar may be substituted or unsubstituted aromatic; R.sub.1 may be lower alkyl, or aralkyl; and pharmaceutically accepted salts thereof. Novel compounds possessing short-acting .beta.-adrenergic blocking activity are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Erhardt; Paul W. (Mundelein, IL), Borgman; Robert J. (Mundelein, IL), O'Donnell; John P. (Morgantown, WV)|
|Assignee:||American Hospital Supply Corporation (Evanston, IL)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR23## wherein R is methyl or ethyl; the ester-containing group is in the para position on the phenyl ring with respect to the amine-containing group;
n is 2; R.sub.1 is lower alkyl of from 1 to about 5 carbon atoms; and Y is hydrogen, lower alkyl of from 1 to about 5 carbon atoms, lower alkenyl of from 2 to about 5 carbon atoms, lower alkynyl of from 2 to about 5 carbon atoms, lower alkoxy of from 1
to about 5 carbon atoms, halogen, acetamido, amino, nitro, lower alkylamino of from 1 to about 5 carbon atoms, hydroxy, lower hydroxyalkyl of from 1 to about 5 carbon atoms, or cyano; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein Y is lower alkyl of form 1 to about 5 carbon atoms, fluoro or chlor.
3. The compound of claim 1, or 2, wherein R is methyl or ethyl, and R.sub.1 is isopropyl or t-butyl.
4. The compund of claim 3, wherein R.sub.1 is isopropyl.
5. The compound of claim 1, of the formula ##STR24## or its pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
6. The compound of claim 1, of the formula ##STR25## or its pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.