Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
|Title:||Method for treatment or prophylaxis of cardiac disorders|
|Abstract:||A method for the treatment or prophylaxis of cardiac disorders in a mammal, comprising administering to such mammal a short-acting .beta.-blocking compound of the formula: ##STR1## wherein R may be lower alkyl, aryl, or aralkyl; n may be an integer from 0 to about 10; x may be an integer from 1 to 3; Ar may be substituted or unsubstituted aromatic; R.sub.1 may be lower alkyl, or aralkyl; and pharmaceutically accepted salts thereof. Novel compounds possessing short-acting .beta.-adrenergic blocking activity are also disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Erhardt; Paul W. (Mundelein, IL), Borgman; Robert J. (Mundelein, IL), O'Donnell; John P. (Morgantown, WV)|
|Assignee:||American Hospital Supply Corporation (Evanston, IL)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR23## wherein R is methyl or ethyl; the ester-containing group is in the para position on the phenyl ring with respect to the amine-containing group;
n is 2; R.sub.1 is lower alkyl of from 1 to about 5 carbon atoms; and Y is hydrogen, lower alkyl of from 1 to about 5 carbon atoms, lower alkenyl of from 2 to about 5 carbon atoms, lower alkynyl of from 2 to about 5 carbon atoms, lower alkoxy of from 1
to about 5 carbon atoms, halogen, acetamido, amino, nitro, lower alkylamino of from 1 to about 5 carbon atoms, hydroxy, lower hydroxyalkyl of from 1 to about 5 carbon atoms, or cyano; or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
2. The compound of claim 1, wherein Y is lower alkyl of form 1 to about 5 carbon atoms, fluoro or chlor.
3. The compound of claim 1, or 2, wherein R is methyl or ethyl, and R.sub.1 is isopropyl or t-butyl.
4. The compund of claim 3, wherein R.sub.1 is isopropyl.
5. The compound of claim 1, of the formula ##STR24## or its pharmaceutically acceptable salt.
6. The compound of claim 1, of the formula ##STR25## or its pharmaceutically acceptable salt.