Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Analgesic mixture of oxycodone and ibuprofen|
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical compositions of narcotic analgesics and ibuprofen have been found to exhibit unexpectedly enhanced analgesic activity by applying an analysis model which considers data characterizing the analgesic effect of both the pure components as well as the fixed dose ratio combinations. This synergism enables the use of lower doses of either or both drugs with a concomitant reduction in risk of possible side effects.|
|Inventor(s):||Baker; Geraldine L. (Minneapolis, MN), Schmidt; William K. (Wilmington, DE)|
|Assignee:||E. I. Du Pont de Nemours and Company (Wilmington, DE)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a synergistic analgesic combination of (a) oxycodone, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and (b) ibuprofen, or a
pharmaceutically suitable salt thereof, in which the weight ratio of (a):(b) is from about 1:6 to about 1:400.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 in oral dosage form.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 which contains in addition a suitable pharmaceutical carrier.
4. A method of alleviating pain in a mammal which comprises administering to said mammal affected with pain an effective analgesic amount of the composition of claim 3.
5. A method of alleviating pain in a mammal which comprises administering to said mammal affected with pain an effective analgesic amount of the composition of claim 1.
6. A method of alleviating pain in a mammal which comprises administering to said mammal affected with pain an effective analgesic amount of the composition of claim 2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.