Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||Prostacyclin, methods of using and method of making|
|Abstract:||Prostacyclin, its salts, biosynthesis and synthesis thereof, pharmaceutical formulations containing them, and their use in medicine.|
|Inventor(s):||Moncada; Salvador (West Wickham, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. Prostacyclin substantially free from other biological material.
2. The method of treating thrombosis in a mammal which comprises administering an effective antithrombotic portion of prostacyclin to said mammal in need thereof.
3. The method of inhibiting the aggregation of blood platelets in a mammal which comprises administering an effective platelet antiaggregation amount of prostacyclin to said mammal.
4. A method of preventing thrombosis in a mammal in need thereof which comprises administering an effective thrombosis prevention amount of prostacyclin to said mammal.
5. A method for the prevention or treatment of gastric lessions in a mammal comprising the administration of a non-toxic prevention or treatment amount of prostacylin to said mammal.
6. A method for the treatment of a wound in a mammal which comprises administering to said mammal a non-toxic wound treatment amount of prostacylin.
7. A method for producing a vasodilatory action in the blood vessels of a mammal in need thereof comprising the administration of an effective vasodilatory amount of prostacyclin to said mammal.
8. The method of preparing (5-Z)-5,6-Didehydro-9-deoxy-6,9.alpha.-epoxyprostaglandin F.sub.1.alpha. which comprises incubating microsomes of mammalian tissue with a prostaglandin endoperoxide.
9. The method of claim 8 in which the microsomes are aortic microsomes and the prostaglandin endoperoxides are PGG.sub.2 or PGH.sub.2.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.