|Title:||Prostacyclin, methods of using and method of making|
|Abstract:||Prostacyclin, its salts, biosynthesis and synthesis thereof, pharmaceutical formulations containing them, and their use in medicine.|
|Inventor(s):||Moncada; Salvador (West Wickham, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. Prostacyclin substantially free from other biological material.
2. The method of treating thrombosis in a mammal which comprises administering an effective antithrombotic portion of prostacyclin to said mammal in need thereof.
3. The method of inhibiting the aggregation of blood platelets in a mammal which comprises administering an effective platelet antiaggregation amount of prostacyclin to said mammal.
4. A method of preventing thrombosis in a mammal in need thereof which comprises administering an effective thrombosis prevention amount of prostacyclin to said mammal.
5. A method for the prevention or treatment of gastric lessions in a mammal comprising the administration of a non-toxic prevention or treatment amount of prostacylin to said mammal.
6. A method for the treatment of a wound in a mammal which comprises administering to said mammal a non-toxic wound treatment amount of prostacylin.
7. A method for producing a vasodilatory action in the blood vessels of a mammal in need thereof comprising the administration of an effective vasodilatory amount of prostacyclin to said mammal.
8. The method of preparing (5-Z)-5,6-Didehydro-9-deoxy-6,9.alpha.-epoxyprostaglandin F.sub.1.alpha. which comprises incubating microsomes of mammalian tissue with a prostaglandin endoperoxide.
9. The method of claim 8 in which the microsomes are aortic microsomes and the prostaglandin endoperoxides are PGG.sub.2 or PGH.sub.2.