DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,528,287
|Title:||6-Fluoro-1, 4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-substituted piperazinylquinoline-3-carboxylic acids and the method for preparing the same|
|Abstract:||The invention is concerned with the novel piperazinylquinoline-3-carboxylic acids represented by formula (I) ##STR1## or a pharmacologically-acceptable salt thereof, a process for the preparation of them, and a pharmaceutical composition which contains these new compounds as active ingredient and can be used as the therapeutic agent against bacteria.|
|Inventor(s):||Itoh; Yasuo (Katsuyamashi, JP), Kato; Hideo (Fukuishi, JP), Ogawa; Nobuo (Katsuyamashi, JP), Koshinaka; Eiichi (Katsuyamashi, JP), Suzuki; Tomio (Kamishiimura, JP), Yagi; Noriyuki (Katsuyamashi, JP)|
|Assignee:||Hokuriku Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Katsuyamashi, JP)|
1. A 6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-4-oxo-7-substituted piperazinyl-quinoline-3-carboxylic acids represented by the general formula (I) ##STR12## wherein R.sub.1 is a lower alkyl group
having 1 to 4 carbon atoms, a vinyl group, a 2-fluoroethyl group, or a 2-hydroxy-ethyl group; R.sub.2, R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 each is a hydrogen, or a lower alkyl group having 1 to 4 carbon atoms; R.sub.5 is a lower alkyl group having 1 to 4 carbon atoms
and R.sub.6 is a hydrogen, or a fluorine and a pharmacologically-acceptable salt thereof.
2. Compound of claim 1 which is 1-Ethyl-6,8-difluoro-1,4-dihydro-7-(3-methyl-1-piprazinyl)-4-oxoquinoline- 3-carboxylic acid.
3. Compound of claim 1 which is 1-Ethyl-6,8-difluoro-1,4-dihydro-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-oxoquinoline -3-carboxylic acid hydrochloride.
4. Compound of claim 1 which is 1-Ethyl-6-fluoro-1,4-dihydro-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-oxoquinoline-3-c arboxylic acid hydrochloride.
5. Compound of claim 1 which is 6-Fluoro-1-(2-fluoroethyl)-1,4-dihydro-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-oxoqui noline-3-carboxylic acid.
6. Compound of claim 1 which is 6,8-Difluoro-1-(2-fluoroethyl)-1,4-dihydro-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-ox oquinoline-3-carboxylic acid.
7. Compound of claim 1 which is 6,8-Difluoro-1,4-dihydro-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-oxo-1-vinylquinoline -3-carboxylic acid.
8. Compound of claim 1 which is 6,8-Difluoro-1,4-dihydro-1-methyl-7-(3-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-4-oxoquinolin e-3-carboxylic acid.
9. Pharmaceutical compositions useful for the inhibition of bacteria and for increased urinary excretion comprising an effective antibacterial amount of one or more compounds as claimed in claim 1 together with a, pharmaceutically-acceptable carrier.
10. Method for the inhibition of bacteria and for increasing urinary excretion in a subject in need of the same, comprising the step of administering an effective antibacterial and urinary-excretion increasing amount of a compound of claim 1 orally to said patient.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.