DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,515,805
|Title:||Soluble sodium cromoglycate compositions|
|Abstract:||There is described a mixture of sodium cromoglycate of mass median diameter from 2 to 30 microns with a pharmaceutically acceptable water soluble carrier of sieve size from 200 to 1000 microns, the carrier having a solubility of greater than 1 to 5 by weight in water at 20.degree. C. The mixture is useful in the treament of conditions of the gastrointestinal tract.|
|Inventor(s):||Newman; Peter M. (Keyworth, GB2), Jenkins; Anthony W. (Loughborough, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Fisons plc (Ipswich, GB2)|
1. A water-soluble composition for treatment of a condition of a gastro-intestinal tract comprising:
a particulate water-soluble pharmaceutically acceptable carrier consisting essentially of sucrose and having a particle size of 200-1000 microns; and
particulate sodium cromoglycate having a mass median diameter of 2-30 microns forming a coating on said carrier particles.
the proportion of carrier to sodium cromoglycate in the coated particles being 2-20 parts by weight of carrier to 1 part of sodium cromoglycate.
2. A composition according to claim 1, wherein the sodium cromoglycate has a mass median diameter of from 2 to 10 microns, and the water soluble carrier has a particle size of from 200 to 500 microns.
3. A composition according to claim 1 containing from 5 to 12 parts by weight of sucrose for each part by weight of sodium cromoglycate.
4. A composition according to claim 1 in unit dosage form containing from 50 to 300 mg of sodium cromoglycate.
5. A composition according to claim 4 contained in a sachet made of material which will prevent the ingress of water.
6. A composition according to claim 1 containing less than 2% by weight of water.
7. A composition according to claim 1 containing no other excipient than the water soluble carrier.
8. A method for preparing a sodium cromoglycate composition having an increased rate of dissolution in cold water which comprises depositing particulate sodium cromoglycate having a mass median diameter of 2-30 microns as a surface layer on a particulate water-soluble pharmaceutically acceptable carrier having a particle size of 200-1000 microns and consisting essentially of sucrose, the proportion of carrier to sodium cromoglycate in the coated particles being 2-20 parts of weight of carrier to 1 part of sodium cromoclycate.
9. The method of claim 8 wherein the sodium cromoglycate has a mass median diameter of 2-10 microns, and the water soluble carrier has a particle size of 200-500 microns.
10. The method of claim 8 wherein the proportion of carrier to sodium cromoglycate in the coated particles is 5-12 parts by weight of carrier to 1 part of sodium cromoglycate.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.