Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||7,6 Dioxo-4H,6H-pyrano[3,2-g]quinoline dicarboxylic acids and anti-allergic use thereof|
|Abstract:||There are described compounds of formula I ##STR1## in which an adjacent pair of R.sub.5, R.sub.6, R.sub.7 and R.sub.8 form a chain --COCH.dbd.CE--O--, and the remainder of R.sub.5, R.sub.6, R.sub.7 and R.sub.8, which may be the same or different, each represent hydrogen, hydroxy, alkyl, halogen, alkenyl, alkoxy, or --NR.sub.1 R.sub.2 in which R.sub.1 and R.sub.2, which are the same or different, are each hydrogen or alkyl, Rg is hydrogen, alkyl, alkenyl or phenyl-alkyl, and E is --COOH, a 5-tetrazolyl group or an (N-tetrazol-5-yl) carboxamido group, and pharmaceutically acceptable derivatives thereof. There are also described processes for making the compounds and pharmaceutical, e.g. anti-allergic, compositions containing the compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Cairns; Hugh (Loughborough, GB2), Cox; David (Loughborough, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Fisons Limited (GB2)|
1. A compound having the formula ##STR16## in which R.sub.6 and R.sub.7 form a chain --COCH.dbd.C(COOH)--O--, R.sub.5 and R.sub.8, which may be the same or different, are sterically
compatible substituents selected from hydrogen and alkyl having up to 8 carbon atoms, and
R.sub.g is hydrogen or alkyl having up to 8 carbon atoms,
and pharmaceutically acceptable salts and ethyl esters thereof.
2. A compound according to claim 1, wherein each of R.sub.5, R.sub.8 and R.sub.g, when they are alkyl, contain up to 4 carbon atoms.
3. A compound according to claim 1, wherein the --COCH.dbd.C(COOH)--O-- chain is bonded with the --O-- end thereof in position R.sub.7.
4. A compound according to claim 1, wherein R.sub.5 and R.sub.8 are selected from hydrogen and propyl.
5. A compound according to claim 1, wherein R.sub.g is ethyl.
6. 4,6-Dioxo-1-ethyl-10-propyl-4H,6H-pyrano[3,2-g]quinoline-2 ,8-dicarboxylic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
7. 4,6-Dioxo-10-propyl-4H,6H-pyrano[3,2-g]quinoline-2,8-dicarboxylic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
8. A pharmaceutical composition suitable for the treatment of a condition involving an antibody antigen reaction or a reflex pathway comprising an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1 in combination with a pharmmaceutically acceptable adjuvant, diluent or carrier.
9. A composition according to claim 8 comprising less than 80% by weight of active ingredient.
10. A composition comprising from 0.01 mg to 50 mg of a compound according to claim 1, as active ingredient, in unit dosage form.
11. A method of treatment of a condition involving an antibody antigen reaction or a reflex pathway, which comprises administering an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1 to an animal suffering from such a condition.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.