|Title:||Reduction of cholesterol with meta-chloro .alpha.-t-butylaminopropiophenone|
|Abstract:||A method of treatment for reducing cholesterol in humans by the administration of the compound of the formula I ##STR1## or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof in a non-toxic, effective therapeutic amount (calculated as base) to a human in need thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Stern; Warren C. (Raleigh, NC)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. A method of reducing cholesterol levels in a human in need thereof, which comprises administering to said human an effective, non-toxic, cholesterol-lowering amount of a compound of
the formula (I) ##STR3## or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
2. The method of claim 1 in which a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof is administered.
3. The method of claim 2 in which the salt is the hydrochloride salt.
4. The method of claim 1, 2 or 3 in which the compound or salt is administered in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
5. The method of claim 1, 2, or 3 in which the compound or salt is administered orally.
6. The method of claim 5 in which the compound or salt is administered in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
7. The method of claim 1, 2, or 3 in which the human has an initial cholesterol level greater than 250 mg/100 ml serum.
8. The method of claim 1, 2, or 3 in which the human has an above normal cholesterol level.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.