Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||1,3-Bis(azolyl)propanols as fungicides and plant growth regulators|
|Abstract:||Fungicidal compounds of the formula: ##STR1## wherein R.sup.1 is an optionally substituted-alkyl, -cycloalkyl, -aryl or -aralkyl group, Y.sup.1 and Y.sup.2 are .dbd.CH-- or .dbd.N--; and salts, metal complexes, ethers and esters thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Worthington; Paul A. (Maidenhead, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (London, GB2)|
1. A compound selected from the group consisting of compounds having the formula: ##STR17## wherein R.sup.1 is selected from the group consisting of: phenyl or benzyl substituted with
one or more of the following: halogen, alkyl or haloalkyl each containing from 1 to 5 carbon atoms, alkoxy or haloalkoxy each containing from 1 to 4 carbon atoms, nitro, cyano, hydroxy, alkylthio containing from 1 to 40 carbon atoms, vinyl, phenyl or
phenoxy; and wherein the alkyl moiety of the benzyl is unsubstituted, or substituted with alkyl containing from 1 to 4 carbon atoms, phenyl or chlorophenyl, Y.sup.1 and Y.sup.2 are .dbd.CH--or .dbd.N--; and salts, metal complexes, methyl, ethyl,
propyl, butyl, phenyl, benzyl, p-chlorobenzyl, allyl and propargyl ethers and acetate, pivaloate, benzoate, tosylate and mesylate esters thereof.
2. A compound according to claim 1 wherein the phenyl or benzyl is unsubstituted, or substituted with one, two or three of the following: halogen, methyl, methoxy, trifluoromethyl, trifluoromethoxy, phenyl, halophenyl, phenoxy or vinyl groups; and wherein the alkyl moiety of the benzyl is unsubstituted or substituted with methyl, ethyl or phenyl.
3. 1,3-Bis-(1,2,4)-triazolyl-2-(2,4-dichlorphenyl)-propan-2-ol having the structure: ##STR18##
4. A pharmaceutical or veterinary fungicidal composition which comprises an effective amount of a compound according to claim 1 together with a pharmaceutically or veterinary-acceptable diluent or carrier.
5. A composition for combating fungi, or for regulating plant growth, which comprises, as an active ingredient, an effective amount of a compound as defined in claim 1.
6. A process for combating fungi, or regulating plant growth, which comprises applying to a plant, to seed of a plant or to the locus of a plant or seed, an effective amount of a compound as defined in claim 1.
7. A method of treatment of candidiasis or human dermatophyte infections which comprises administering to a human or animal an effective amount of a compound as claimed in claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.