Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Bupropion and ethanol|
|Abstract:||This invention relates a method of restoring slowed mental ability in humans caused by ethanol by treatment with the compound of formula I ##STR1## or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof in a non-toxic, effective therapeutic amount to a human in need thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Peck; Anthony W. (Bromley, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Burroughs Wellcome Co. (Research Triangle Park, NC)|
1. A method of reversing the impaired mental alertness effects of ethanol in a human, which comprises administering to a human who has consumed alcohol an effective, non-toxic amount of
the compound of formula (I) ##STR3## or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof to reverse the mental alertness effects of ethanol in the human.
2. The method of claim 1 in which a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof is administered.
3. The method of claim 2 in which the salt is the hydrochloride salt.
4. The method of claim 1, 2 or 3 in which the compound or salt is administered in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
5. The method of claim 1, 2, 3 or 4 in which the compound or salt is administered orally.
6. The method of claim 5 in which the compound or salt is administered in a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
7. The method of claim 1 in which the compound or salt is administered in a capsule or tablet containing a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
8. The method of claim 4 in which the pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt is administered.
9. The method of claim 5 in which the salt is hydrochloride.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.