Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of treating leukemia or leukemoid diseases|
|Abstract:||A method of leukemia or leukemoid disease treatment by administration of a vitamin D derivative with a hydroxyl group at 1.alpha.-position is disclosed. It is believed that the vitamin D derivative with a hydroxyl group at 1.alpha.-position is capable of treating cancer through redifferentiation of cancer cells and that this capability is inherent in vitamin D derivatives with a hydroxyl group at 1.alpha.-position.|
|Inventor(s):||Suda; Tatsuo (Tachikawa, JP), Hirasawa; Yoshihei (Niigata, JP), Takahashi; Sachio (Niigata, JP), Abe; Etsuko (Tokyo, JP), Konno; Kunio (Tokyo, JP), Aoki; Tadao (Niigata, JP)|
|Assignee:||Chugai Seiyaku Kabushiki Kaisha (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A method for the treatment of leukemia or leukemoid diseases, comprising administering to a patient having such a disease an effective amount of a vitamin D derivative with
a hydroxyl group at the 1.alpha.-position.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein said derivative is administered in a soft capsule.
3. A method according to claim 1 wherein said derivative is administered in a daily dose of 0.5 to 5 .mu.g.
4. A method according to claim 1 for the treatment of leukemia, wherein the patient has leukemia.
5. A method according to claim 4 wherein the leukemia is a myelogenous leukemia.
6. A method according to claim 1 wherein said derivative is 1.alpha.-hydroxyvitamin D.sub.3.
7. A method according to claim 1 wherein said derivative is 1.alpha.,25-dihydroxyvitamin D.sub.3.
8. A method in accordance with claim 1, wherein said derivative is 1.alpha.-hydroxyvitamin D.sub.3, 1.alpha.,25-dihydroxyvitamin D.sub.3 or a mixture thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.