Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
|Title:||Process for the treatment of acne|
|Abstract:||There is disclosed a composition for the treatment of acne, hyperpigmentary dermatoses or skin hyperpigmentation which contains dicarboxylic acids containing 7 to 13 carbon atoms or certain derivatives thereof that contain reducing functional group or a salt thereof. There are also disclosed methods for preparing mercapto derivatives of these dicarboxylic acids.|
|Inventor(s):||Nazzaro-Porro; Marcella (Rome, IT)|
1. A method for the treatment of an individual exhibiting acne which comprises administering to said individual a therapeutically effective amount of an active ingredient in a
pharmaceutically acceptable carrier until said condition is reduced or its further development is arrested wherein said active ingredient is at least one dicarboxylic acid containing from 7 to 13 carbon atoms selected from the group consisting of pimelic
acid, suberic acid, sebacic acid, azelaic acid, 1,9-nonanedicarboxylic acid, 1.10-decanedicarboxylic acid, and 1,11-undecanedicarboxylic acid or a mono or dimercapto derivative of said acid or a salt thereof.
2. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said acid is administered orally.
3. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said acid is administered by injection.
4. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said acid is administered topically.
5. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said dicarboxylic acid acid is azelaic acid.
6. A method as defined in claim 1 wherein said dicarboxylic acid is 1,10-decanedicarboxylic acid.