|Title:|| Methods for the treatment of nasal hypersecretion|
|Abstract:||Compositions for the treatment of nasal hypersecretion comprising (8r)-8-isopropyl-3.alpha.-[(.+-.)-tropoyl-oxy]-1.alpha.H, 5.alpha.H-tropanium bromide in a pharmaceutical formulation suitable for topical application to the nasal cavity; and methods of use.|
|Inventor(s):|| Mygind; Niels (Birkeroed, DK), Borum; Peter (Soeborg, DK), Grieben; Christiane (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE) |
|Assignee:|| Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE) |
1. The method of treating nasal hypersecretion, which comprises topically administering to the nasal mucous membrane an effective nasal hypersecretion inhibiting amount of a topical
pharmaceutical composition consisting essentially of an inert liquid carrier suitable for topical administration to the nasal mucous membrane and an effective nasal hypersecretion inhibiting amount of N-isopropyl-nortropine tropic acid ester
2. The method of claim 1, where said inert liquid carrier is water.
3. The method of claim 1, where said inert liquid carrier is an acidic aqueous solution of a surfactant.
4. The method of claim 1, where said inert liquid carrier is a propellant gas mixture of monofluoro-trichloromethane, difluoro-dichloromethane and tetrafluoro-dichloromethane comprising a surfactant.
5. The method of claim 1, where said composition additionally comprises an effective amount of another nasally active ingredient.
6. The method of claim 5, where said other nasally active ingredient is fenoterol.