Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Methods for the treatment of nasal hypersecretion|
|Abstract:||Compositions for the treatment of nasal hypersecretion comprising (8r)-8-isopropyl-3.alpha.-[(.+-.)-tropoyl-oxy]-1.alpha.H, 5.alpha.H-tropanium bromide in a pharmaceutical formulation suitable for topical application to the nasal cavity; and methods of use.|
|Inventor(s):||Mygind; Niels (Birkeroed, DK), Borum; Peter (Soeborg, DK), Grieben; Christiane (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH (Ingelheim am Rhein, DE)|
1. The method of treating nasal hypersecretion, which comprises topically administering to the nasal mucous membrane an effective nasal hypersecretion inhibiting amount of a topical
pharmaceutical composition consisting essentially of an inert liquid carrier suitable for topical administration to the nasal mucous membrane and an effective nasal hypersecretion inhibiting amount of N-isopropyl-nortropine tropic acid ester
2. The method of claim 1, where said inert liquid carrier is water.
3. The method of claim 1, where said inert liquid carrier is an acidic aqueous solution of a surfactant.
4. The method of claim 1, where said inert liquid carrier is a propellant gas mixture of monofluoro-trichloromethane, difluoro-dichloromethane and tetrafluoro-dichloromethane comprising a surfactant.
5. The method of claim 1, where said composition additionally comprises an effective amount of another nasally active ingredient.
6. The method of claim 5, where said other nasally active ingredient is fenoterol.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.