DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,384,123
|Title:||Phosphinylalkanoyl substituted prolines|
|Abstract:||Esters of phosphinylalkanoyl prolines and phosphinylalkanoyl substituted prolines are inhibitors of angiotensin converting enzyme and are useful in the treatment of hypertension.|
|Inventor(s):||Petrillo, Jr.; Edward W. (Pennington, NJ)|
|Assignee:||E. R. Squibb & Sons, Inc. (Princeton, NJ)|
1. A compound having the formula ##STR27## or a non-toxic, physiologically acceptable salt thereof, wherein R.sub.1 is alkyl, aryl, arylalkyl, cycloalkyl, or cylcoalkylalkyl;
R.sub.2 and R.sub.4 each is independently hydrogen, alkyl or arylalkyl;
R.sub.3 is hydrogen or alkyl;
--R.sub.5 --COOR.sub.4 is ##STR28## R.sub.6 is cycloalkyl or aryl; R.sub.7 and R'.sub.7 together are --S--(CH.sub.2).sub.2 --S--; and
n is 0 or 1;
and wherein the term "aryl" refers to phenyl or phenyl substituted with halogen, alkyl, alkoxy, alkylthio, hydroxy, alkanoyl, nitro, amino, dialkylamino, or trifluoromethyl groups; the term "alkyl" refers to groups having 1 to 10 carbon atoms; the term "alkoxy" refers to groups having 1 to 8 carbon atoms; the term "cycloalkyl" refers to groups having 3 to 7 carbon atoms; and the term "alkanoyl" refers to groups having 2 to 9 carbon atoms.
2. A compound in accordance with claim 1 wherein n is 0.
3. A compound in accordance with claim 1 wherein each of R.sub.2 and R.sub.4 is hydrogen.
4. A compound in accordance with claim 1 wherein --R.sub.5 --COOR.sub.4 is ##STR29##
5. A compound in accordance with claim 1 wherein --R.sub.5 --COOR.sub.4 is ##STR30##
6. The compound in accordance with claim 1, (S)-7-[[hydroxy(4-phenylbutyl)phosphinyl]acetyl]-1,4-dithia-7-azaspiro[4.4 ]nonane-8-carboxylic acid, or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof.
7. The compound in accordance with claim 1, (cis)-4-cyclohexyl-1-[[hydroxy(4-phenylbutyl)phosphinyl]acetyl]-L-proline, or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof.
8. The compound in accordance with claim 1, (cis)-1-[[hydroxy(4-phenylbutyl)phosphinyl]acetyl]-4-phenyl-L-proline, or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.