DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,382,090
|Title:||N-Thiazolylmethylthioalkyl-N'alkylamidines and related compounds|
|Abstract:||N-alkyl-N'-(2-aminoalkyl-4-thiazolylmethylthio)alkyl guanidines, thioureas, ethenediamines and related compounds, H.sub.2 -receptor antagonists, useful in inhibiting gastric acid secretion in mammals.|
|Inventor(s):||Pioch; Richard P. (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A pharmaceutical formulation in unit dosage form adapted for oral administration to achieve an antisecretory effect, comprising per dosage unit an antisecretorially-effective amount
of N-methyl-N'-2-(2-dimethylaminomethyl-4-thiazolylmethylthio)ethyl 2-nitro-1,1-ethenediamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof plus one or more pharmaceutical excipients.
2. A pharmaceutical formulation according to claim 1 containing from 50-80 mg. of active drug per dosage unit.
3. A method for inhibiting gastric acid secretion in mammals which comprises administering to a mammal, whose gastric acid secretion is excessive and who is in need of treatment, an antisecretorially-effective amount of N-methyl-N'-2-(2-dimethylaminomethyl-4-thiazolylmethylthio)ethyl 2-nitro-1,1-ethenediamine or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof.
4. A method according to claim 3 in which from 140-350 mg. of drug per day are administered orally to humans.
5. A method according to claim 3 in which the oral daily dose is from 2-5 mg./kg. of mammalian body weight.
6. A method according to claim 3 in which the antisecretory drug is administered orally.
7. A method according to claim 3 in which the antisecretory drug is administered parenterally.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.