|Title:||Heterocyclic substituted sulfonyl ureas, and their use|
|Abstract:||What are disclosed are sulfonyl ureas of the formula ##STR1## in which R.sup.1, X and Y are as defined in the specification, and their physiologically acceptable salts, pharmaceutical formulations on the basis of these compounds, and their use in the treatment of diabetes.|
|Inventor(s):||Weyer; Rudi (Kelkheim, DE), Hitzel; Volker (Hofheim am Taunus, DE), Geisen; Karl (Frankfurt am Main, DE), Regitz; Gunter (Bad Soden am Taunus, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoechst Aktiengesellschaft (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. A sulfonyl urea of the formula ##STR12## or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof, wherein X is alkylene or alkenylene having from 3 to 6 carbon atoms, optionally
substituted by up to 3 alkyl groups each having from 1 to 4 carbon atoms, or by phenyl;
or the group ##STR13## is a bicyclic system of the formula ##STR14## and Y is alkylene having 2 or 3 carbon atoms;
R.sup.1 is alkyl having from 4 to 6 carbon atoms, cycloalkyl, alkylcycloalkyl, dialkylcycloalkyl, cycloalkylalkyl, cycloalkenyl, or alkylcycloalkenyl in each case having 4 to 9 carbon atoms, or is methylcyclopentylmethyl, cyclohexenylmethyl, chlorocyclohexyl, methoxycyclohexyl, bicycloheptyl, bicycloheptenyl, bicycloheptylmethyl, bicycloheptenylmethyl, bicyclooctyl, nortricyclyl, adamantyl, or benzyl.
2. A compound as in claim 1 which is N-(4-[2-(3,4-dimethyl-2-oxo-3-pyrroline-1-carboxamido)-ethyl]-benzenesulfo nyl)-N'-4-methyl-cyclohexyl-urea.
3. A compound as in claim 1 which is N-(4-[2-(3-ethyl-4-methyl-2-oxo-3-pyrroline-1-carboxamido)-ethyl]-benzenes ulfonyl)-N'-4-methyl-cyclohexyl-urea.
4. A compound as in claim 1 which is N-(4-[2-(3,4-dimethyl-2-oxo-3-pyrroline-1-carboxamido)-ethyl]-benzenesulfo nyl)-N'-4-ethyl-cyclohexyl-urea.
5. A pharmaceutical composition for lowering the blood sugar level, which comprises a hypoglycemically effective amount of a sulfonyl urea or salt thereof as in claim 1 in combination with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
6. A method for lowering the blood sugar level in a patient suffering from diabetes, which comprises orally administering a hypoglycemically effective amount of a sulfonyl urea or salt thereof as claimed in claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.