|Title:||Heterocyclic substituted sulfonyl ureas, and their use|
|Abstract:||What are disclosed are sulfonyl ureas of the formula ##STR1## in which R.sup.1, X and Y are as defined in the specification, and their physiologically acceptable salts, pharmaceutical formulations on the basis of these compounds, and their use in the treatment of diabetes.|
|Inventor(s):||Weyer; Rudi (Kelkheim, DE), Hitzel; Volker (Hofheim am Taunus, DE), Geisen; Karl (Frankfurt am Main, DE), Regitz; Gunter (Bad Soden am Taunus, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoechst Aktiengesellschaft (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. A sulfonyl urea of the formula ##STR12## or a physiologically acceptable salt thereof, wherein X is alkylene or alkenylene having from 3 to 6 carbon atoms, optionally
substituted by up to 3 alkyl groups each having from 1 to 4 carbon atoms, or by phenyl;
or the group ##STR13## is a bicyclic system of the formula ##STR14## and Y is alkylene having 2 or 3 carbon atoms;
R.sup.1 is alkyl having from 4 to 6 carbon atoms, cycloalkyl, alkylcycloalkyl, dialkylcycloalkyl, cycloalkylalkyl, cycloalkenyl, or alkylcycloalkenyl in each case having 4 to 9 carbon atoms, or is methylcyclopentylmethyl, cyclohexenylmethyl, chlorocyclohexyl, methoxycyclohexyl, bicycloheptyl, bicycloheptenyl, bicycloheptylmethyl, bicycloheptenylmethyl, bicyclooctyl, nortricyclyl, adamantyl, or benzyl.
2. A compound as in claim 1 which is N-(4-[2-(3,4-dimethyl-2-oxo-3-pyrroline-1-carboxamido)-ethyl]-benzenesulfo nyl)-N'-4-methyl-cyclohexyl-urea.
3. A compound as in claim 1 which is N-(4-[2-(3-ethyl-4-methyl-2-oxo-3-pyrroline-1-carboxamido)-ethyl]-benzenes ulfonyl)-N'-4-methyl-cyclohexyl-urea.
4. A compound as in claim 1 which is N-(4-[2-(3,4-dimethyl-2-oxo-3-pyrroline-1-carboxamido)-ethyl]-benzenesulfo nyl)-N'-4-ethyl-cyclohexyl-urea.
5. A pharmaceutical composition for lowering the blood sugar level, which comprises a hypoglycemically effective amount of a sulfonyl urea or salt thereof as in claim 1 in combination with a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
6. A method for lowering the blood sugar level in a patient suffering from diabetes, which comprises orally administering a hypoglycemically effective amount of a sulfonyl urea or salt thereof as claimed in claim 1.