Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Novel naphthyridine derivatives, intermediates thereof, processes for preparation thereof, and use thereof|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to 1,8-naphthyridine compounds of the formula ##STR1## wherein X is a halogen atom especially fluorine atom, R.sub.1 is an ethyl group or a vinyl group, and R.sub.2 is a hydrogen atom or a lower alkyl group, their salts and processes for the preparation of them. The 1,8-naphthyridine compounds and their salts are useful as antibacterial agents and intermediates thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Matsumoto; Jun-ichi (Takatsuki, JP), Takase; Yoshiyuki (Amagasaki, JP), Nishimura; Yoshiro (Neyagawa, JP)|
|Assignee:||Dainippon Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (Osaka, JP) Laboratoire Roger Bellon (Neuilly sur Seine, FR)|
1. A pharmaceutical composition which comprises an antibacterially effective amount of a 1,8-naphthyridine compound of the formula ##STR31## or a non-toxic pharmaceutically
acceptable salt thereof and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefor.
2. A pharmaceutical composition for oral administration which comprises an antibacterially effective amount of a 1,8-naphthyridine compound of the formula ##STR32## or a non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof and an orally acceptable pharmaceutical carrier therefor.
3. A method for the treatment of a bacterial infectious disease which comprises administering to a warm-blooded animal suffering from such disease an antibacterially effective amount of a 1,8-naphthyridine compound ##STR33## or a non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. A method according to claim 3 wherein the administration is by oral administration.
5. A method according to claim 4 wherein the disease is a bacterial systemic infectious disease.
6. A method according to claim 4 wherein the disease is a bacterial urinary tract infectious disease.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.