Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method for suppressing abnormal rise in immunological function and agent useful therefor|
|Abstract:||A method for suppressing abnormal rise in immunological function which often causes various types of autoimmune diseases, and an agent useful therefor are disclosed. The method is carried out by administering cholecalciferol or its derivative to patients suffering from abnormal rise in immunological function. The agent contains the above compound as active ingredient and is useful not only to treat and/or prevent the abnormal rise in immunological function but also to suppress graft rejection.|
|Inventor(s):||Aoki; Takao (Niigata, JP), Miyakoshi; Hideo (Niigata, JP), Hirasawa; Yoshihei (Niigata, JP), Nishii; Yasuo (Tokyo, JP)|
|Assignee:||Chugai Seiyaku Kabushiki Kaisha (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A method for immunosuppression in humans which comprises administering cholecalciferol and/or its derivative to a human in need of immunosuppression, in an amount sufficient to
suppress abnormal rise in immunological function.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein said cholecalciferol and/or its derivative is administered in an amount of from 0.25 to 10 .mu.g/day per adult.
3. A method according to claim 2 wherein said amount is from 0.5 to 5 .mu.g/day per adult.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein said cholecalciferol and/or its derivative is administered in an amount such that the concentration in blood of the active ingredient is from 0.01 .mu.g/ml to 1 .mu.g/ml.
5. A method in accordance with claim 1 wherein said cholecalciferol and/or its derivative is administered to a human having an autoimmune disease.
6. A method in accordance with claim 5 wherein said autoimmune disease is chronic thyroiditis, autoimmune hemolytic rheumatoid arthritis, or systemic lupus erythematosus.
7. A method in accordance with claim 1 wherein said cholecalciferol and/or its derivative is administered to a human in need of suppression of graft rejection.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.