Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||PGI.sub.2 Pharmacologically acceptable salts|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to PGI.sub.2 pharmacologically acceptable salts, having pharmacological activity. Particularly, the compounds described herein are useful as platelet aggregation inhibitors.|
|Inventor(s):||Johnson; Roy A. (Kalamazoo, MI), Lincoln; Frank H. (Portage, MI), Pike; John E. (Kalamazoo, MI)|
|Assignee:||The Upjohn Company (Kalamazoo, MI)|
1. A composition of matter consisting essentially of a pharmacologically acceptable salt of a compound of formula I ##STR3##
2. A composition according to claim 1 wherein said pharmacologically acceptable salt is the benzyltrimethylammonium salt.
3. A composition according to claim 1 wherein said pharmacologically acceptable salt is the tetramethylammonium salt.
4. A composition according to claim 1 wherein said pharmacologically acceptable salt is the sodium salt.
5. A composition according to claim 4 in a free flowing powder form.
6. A parenteral pharmaceutical composition for inhibition of platelet aggregation characterized in being prepared from
(1) a free flowing powder form of the sodium salt of PGI.sub.2, a compound of formula I ##STR4## and (2) a conventional pharmaceutical diluent for parenteral formulations, such that the sodium salt of PGI.sub.2 is present in said composition at a concentration sufficient to inhibit platelet aggregation upon administration of a said composition in a predetermined volume or at a predetermined rate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.