DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,335,095
|Title:||Indium-111 oxine complex composition|
|Abstract:||An indium-111 preparation comprises a complex of indium-111 with a quinoline compound carrying an 8-hydroxyl group, e.g. oxine, present in an aqueous medium which also contains a surface active agent to prevent the complex from becoming bound to the surface of the vessel on autoclaving, and optionally a buffer to improve blood cell labelling efficiency. The surface active agent is preferably non-ionic, e.g. a polyoxyethylene sorbitan ester of a fatty acid. The buffer is preferably N-2-hydroxyethylpiperazine-N'-2-ethanesulphonic acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Kelly; James D. (Buckinghamshire, GB2)|
|Assignee:||The Radiochemical Centre Limited (GB2)|
1. An indium-111 composition comprising a complex of indium-111 with a quinoline compound carrying a hydroxyl group in the 8-position, present in an aqueous medium which also contains
10 .mu.g/ml to 1000 .mu.g/ml of a surface active agent.
2. The composition as claimed in claim 1 wherein the quinoline compound is 8-hydroxyquinoline.
3. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the surface active agent is a non-ionic surface active agent.
4. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the surface active agent is selected from polyoxyethylene sorbitan esters of fatty acids.
5. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the concentration of indium-111 is from 0.1 to 10 mCi/ml and the concentration of the quinoline compound is from 5 to 100 .mu.g/mCi of indium-111.
6. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein there is also present a non-toxic compatible buffer to maintain the pH in the range 5 to 8.
7. The composition as claimed in claim 6, wherein the buffer is N-2-hydroxy-ethylpiperazine-N'-2-ethanesulphonic acid.
8. The composition as claimed in claim 6, wherein the concentration of the buffer is from 0.02 M to 0.5 M.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.