Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
|Title:||Indium-111 oxine complex composition|
|Abstract:||An indium-111 preparation comprises a complex of indium-111 with a quinoline compound carrying an 8-hydroxyl group, e.g. oxine, present in an aqueous medium which also contains a surface active agent to prevent the complex from becoming bound to the surface of the vessel on autoclaving, and optionally a buffer to improve blood cell labelling efficiency. The surface active agent is preferably non-ionic, e.g. a polyoxyethylene sorbitan ester of a fatty acid. The buffer is preferably N-2-hydroxyethylpiperazine-N'-2-ethanesulphonic acid.|
|Inventor(s):||Kelly; James D. (Buckinghamshire, GB2)|
|Assignee:||The Radiochemical Centre Limited (GB2)|
1. An indium-111 composition comprising a complex of indium-111 with a quinoline compound carrying a hydroxyl group in the 8-position, present in an aqueous medium which also contains
10 .mu.g/ml to 1000 .mu.g/ml of a surface active agent.
2. The composition as claimed in claim 1 wherein the quinoline compound is 8-hydroxyquinoline.
3. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the surface active agent is a non-ionic surface active agent.
4. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the surface active agent is selected from polyoxyethylene sorbitan esters of fatty acids.
5. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein the concentration of indium-111 is from 0.1 to 10 mCi/ml and the concentration of the quinoline compound is from 5 to 100 .mu.g/mCi of indium-111.
6. The composition as claimed in claim 1, wherein there is also present a non-toxic compatible buffer to maintain the pH in the range 5 to 8.
7. The composition as claimed in claim 6, wherein the buffer is N-2-hydroxy-ethylpiperazine-N'-2-ethanesulphonic acid.
8. The composition as claimed in claim 6, wherein the concentration of the buffer is from 0.02 M to 0.5 M.