Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
|Title:||Method of lowering serum prolactin|
|Abstract:||Benzodiazepine derivatives which have tranquillizing activity, especially 1,4-benzodiazepine derivatives, can lower the serum prolactin concentration. They can reduce, dosage-dependently, the increase in the serum prolactin concentration induced by the administration of neuroleptics, which can lead to undesirable side-effects, when about 0.01 to 100 parts by weight of benzodiazepine derivatives are administered per part by weight of neuroleptic, it being immaterial whether the benzodiazepine derivative is administered before or after the neuroleptic or simultaneously therewith. The simultaneous administration of the active substances can be carried out as an ad hoc combination or in the form of a pharmaceutical combination.|
|Inventor(s):||Lotz; Wolfgang (Bad Krozingen, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. (Nutley, NJ)|
1. A method of treatment for individuals having a high prolactin concentration induced by the administration of a neuroleptic selected from the group consisting of
chlorpromazine, methopromazine, reserpine, tetrabenazine, benzindopyrine, sulpiride, metoclopramide, haloperidol and thioridazine which comprises the administration of a prolactin lowering amount of a benzodiazepine derivative selected from the group
consisting of chlordiazepoxide, diazepam, flunitrazepam, clonazepam, flurazepam, medazepam, bromazepam, lorazepam, oxazepam, prazepam, temazepam, cloxazolam, oxazolam and triazolam to such individual.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the 1,4-benzodiazepine derivative is nitrazepam.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the neuroleptic is sulpiride or haloperidol.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein about 0.01 to 100 parts by weight of benzodiazepine derivative are used per part by weight of neuroleptic.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein 0.05 to 40 parts by weight of benzodiazepine derivative are used per part by weight of neuroleptic.