Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Novel pharmaceutical compositions|
|Abstract:||Compositions containing substituted 1,2,5-thiadiazole .beta.-blocking agent and pyrazine and/or thiazide diuretic, and a method of treating hypertensive animals are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Sweet; Charles S. (Lansdale, PA)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
1. Composition useful for treating hypertension comprising:
(A) .beta.-blocking agent selected from:
(i) compounds having the formula ##STR4## wherein R is morpholino or piperidino and R' is C.sub.3 -C.sub.6 alkyl, (ii) non-toxic pharmaceutically acceptable salts of (i); and
(iii) mixtures containing (i) and (ii); and
(B) diuretic selected from a 1,2,4 benzothiadiazine and
a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof
wherein the weight ratio of (A.):(B.) is about 1:1 to about 1:10.
2. A composition of claim 1 wherein said thiazide is selected from chlorothiazide, alkali metal salts of chlorothiazide, and hydrochlorothiazide.
3. A composition of claim 2 wherein R is morpholino or piperidino and R' is isopropyl or t-butyl.
4. Composition of claim 3 wherein R is morpholino.
5. Composition of claim 4 wherein said diuretic is hydrochlorothiazide.
6. Composition of claim 5 wherein R' is t-butyl.
7. Composition of claim 6 wherein said .beta.-blocking agent is said (ii) salt of the (i) (-) isomer.
8. Composition of claim 7 wherein said (ii) is the hydrogen maleate.
9. Composition of claim 8 wherein said ratio range 1:1.25-1:5.
10. Composition of claim 8 in tablet form containing 5 or 10 mg of (A.) and 10, 25 or 50 mg of (B.).
11. Composition of claim 8 in tablet form containing 10 mg of (A.) and 25 mg of (B.).
12. The composition of claim 1 wherein said 1,2,4 benzothiadazine is flumethiazide, benzthiazide, cyclopenthiazide, cyclothiazide, trichloromethiazide, benzhydroflumethiazide, methylcyclothiazide, polythiazide, thiabutazide, hydrochlorothiazide, chlorothiazide or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
13. A method of treating a hypertensive animal to reduce blood pressure which comprises administration of a blood pressure reducing amount of a composition of claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.