DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,233,361
|Title:||Panel and method for the preparation thereof|
|Abstract:||Composite foam panels are prepared from expanded thermoplastic particles of low density by generally encapsulating the particles in a phenolic foam matrix and providing a particulate expanded mineral substance such as perlite disposed generally adjacent the major surfaces of the panel.|
|Inventor(s):||Fultz; Duane A. (Westeville, OH)|
|Assignee:||The Dow Chemical Company (Midland, MI)|
1. A composite synthetic resinous foam panel, the foam panel having at least first and second generally opposed major surfaces, the resinous panel comprising a plurality of
expanded multicellular synthetic resinous thermoplastic particles, the particles having a density of from about one-half to two pounds per cubic foot, the synthetic resinous thermoplastic particles being generally encapsulated within a matrix of a resole
resin foam, the resole resin foam having a bulk density in the interstitial spaces between the synthetic resinous particles of from about two to six pounds per cubic foot, an expanded glass in particulate form encapsulated within portions of the resole
resin foam disposed adjacent the major surfaces of the panel.
2. The panel of claim 1 wherein the expanded synthetic resinous thermoplastic particles are styrene polymer.
3. The panel of claim 1 wherein the expanded glass is perlite.
4. The panel of claim 1 wherein an aluminum sheet is disposed on and adhered to at least one major surface thereof.
5. The panel of claim 1 wherein the synthetic resinous thermoplastic particles have the size of from about 1/16 of an inch to 3/8 of an inch.
6. The panel of claim 1 wherein the expanded synthetic resinous thermoplastic particles are styrene polymer, the expanded glass is perlite and the styrene polymer particles have an average diameter of from about 1/16 of an inch to 3/8 of an inch.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.