Generated: April 29, 2017
|Title:||Beclomethasone dipropionate-hexane solvate and aerosols prepared therefrom|
|Abstract:||A beclomethasone dipropionate-hexane solvate, useful in the preparation of beclomethasone dipropionate aerosols is disclosed herein. The new n-hexane solvate is stable when stored as bulk, and convenient and cheap to prepare. The trichlorofluoromethane solvate prepared by contacting micronized n-hexane solvate with trichlorofluoromethane affords beclomethasone dipropionate-trichlorofluoromethane solvate which retains its small particle size.|
|Inventor(s):||Finckenor; Lawrence E. (Wayne, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
1. A solid composition of matter which consists of a beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate characterized by an infrared absorption spectra substantially as shown in
FIG. 1 and comprising 94-96% by weight beclomethasone dipropionate and 4-5% by weight n-hexane.
2. A method of preparing micronized beclomethasone dipropionate-fluorotrichloromethane solvate which comprises contacting micronized beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate of claim 1 with trichlorofluoromethane.
3. A method according to claim 2 wherein the micronized beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate is slurried with the trichlorofluoromethane.
4. In a method for preparing a beclomethasone dipropionate-fluorotrichloromethane solvate in an aerosol formulation, the improvement which comprises contacting beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate with trichlorofluoromethane in situ.
5. In a method for preparing an aerosol formulation of beclomethasone dipropionate in a suitable aerosol propellant suitable for inhalation therapy, the improvement which comprises utilizing beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.