|Title:|| Beclomethasone dipropionate-hexane solvate and aerosols prepared therefrom|
|Abstract:||A beclomethasone dipropionate-hexane solvate, useful in the preparation of beclomethasone dipropionate aerosols is disclosed herein. The new n-hexane solvate is stable when stored as bulk, and convenient and cheap to prepare. The trichlorofluoromethane solvate prepared by contacting micronized n-hexane solvate with trichlorofluoromethane affords beclomethasone dipropionate-trichlorofluoromethane solvate which retains its small particle size.|
|Inventor(s):|| Finckenor; Lawrence E. (Wayne, NJ) |
|Assignee:|| Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ) |
1. A solid composition of matter which consists of a beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate characterized by an infrared absorption spectra substantially as shown in
FIG. 1 and comprising 94-96% by weight beclomethasone dipropionate and 4-5% by weight n-hexane.
2. A method of preparing micronized beclomethasone dipropionate-fluorotrichloromethane solvate which comprises contacting micronized beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate of claim 1 with trichlorofluoromethane.
3. A method according to claim 2 wherein the micronized beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate is slurried with the trichlorofluoromethane.
4. In a method for preparing a beclomethasone dipropionate-fluorotrichloromethane solvate in an aerosol formulation, the improvement which comprises contacting beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate with trichlorofluoromethane in situ.
5. In a method for preparing an aerosol formulation of beclomethasone dipropionate in a suitable aerosol propellant suitable for inhalation therapy, the improvement which comprises utilizing beclomethasone dipropionate-n-hexane solvate.