Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Prolonged release pharmaceutical preparations|
|Abstract:||Prolonged release pharmaceutical preparations containing ion exchange resin drug complexes at least a substantial portion of which have been treated with a solvating agent and provided with a diffusion barrier coating.|
|Inventor(s):||Raghunathan; Yegnaswami (Fairport, NY)|
|Assignee:||Pennwalt Corporation (Philadelphia, PA)|
1. A pharmaceutical preparation comprising ion exchange resin particles having a pharmacologically active drug absorbed thereon to form drug-resin complex particles, which
resin particles have been treated in an amount sufficient to retard their rate of swelling in water with an impregnating agent selected from the group consisting of polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, mannitol, lactose and methylcellulose, and which
treated particles have been subsequently coated with a water-permeable diffusion barrier.
2. A pharmaceutical preparation as in claim 1 wherein the inpregnating agent is polyethylene glycol.
3. A pharmaceutical preparation as in claim 2 wherein the coating is comprised of ethyl cellulose.
4. The preparation of claim 3 wherein the drug is phenylpropanolamine.
5. The preparation of claim 3 wherein the drug is dextromethorphan.
6. The preparation of claim 3 wherein the drug is ephedrine.
7. The preparation of claim 3 wherein the drug is pseudoephedrine.
8. The preparation of claim 3 wherein the drug is phentermine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.