Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Vitamin A compositions to treat rheumatic disease|
|Abstract:||Compositions and methods for treating rheumatic diseases with vitamin A compounds are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Bollag; Werner (Basel, CH), Reber; Kurt (Ettingen, CH)|
|Assignee:||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. (Nutley, NJ)|
1. A method for orally treating rheumatic disease in a mammal comprising orally administering to said mammal a retinoid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in an amount
effective for treating rheumatic disease.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the retinoid is vitamin A in its naturally occurring form or a synthetic analog of vitamin A.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the retinoid is selected from the group consisting of vitamin A acid, 13-cis-vitamin A acid, 9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-oi c acid ethylamide, 9-(2,6-dichloro-4-methoxy-5-methyl-phenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetra en-1-oic acid ethyl ester, 4-O-.alpha.-D-glucopyranosyl-D-glucopyranosyl-9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethyl -phenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraenate, 3,7-dimethyl-9-(2,4,5-trimethyl-3-thienyl)-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-oic acid ethyl ester, 9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethyl-phenyl)4-fluoro-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tet raen-1-oic acid ethyl ester and 9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-oi c acid ethyl ester, or the pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
4. The method of claim 1 or 2 wherein the rheumatic disease is rheumatoid arthritis.
5. The method of claim 1 or 2 wherein the rheumatic disease is Bechterew's ankylopoietic spondylarthritis.
6. The method of claim 1 or 2 wherein the rheumatic disease is psoriatic arthopathy.
7. The method of claim 3 wherein the composition is orally administered at a daily dose of about 0.25 to about 2.0 mg/kg. of body weight of said mammal.
8. The method of claim 3 or 7 wherein the retinoid is 9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-oi c acid ethyl ester.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.