Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
|Title:||Vitamin A compositions to treat rheumatic disease|
|Abstract:||Compositions and methods for treating rheumatic diseases with vitamin A compounds are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Bollag; Werner (Basel, CH), Reber; Kurt (Ettingen, CH)|
|Assignee:||Hoffmann-La Roche Inc. (Nutley, NJ)|
1. A method for orally treating rheumatic disease in a mammal comprising orally administering to said mammal a retinoid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, in an amount
effective for treating rheumatic disease.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the retinoid is vitamin A in its naturally occurring form or a synthetic analog of vitamin A.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the retinoid is selected from the group consisting of vitamin A acid, 13-cis-vitamin A acid, 9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-oi c acid ethylamide, 9-(2,6-dichloro-4-methoxy-5-methyl-phenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetra en-1-oic acid ethyl ester, 4-O-.alpha.-D-glucopyranosyl-D-glucopyranosyl-9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethyl -phenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraenate, 3,7-dimethyl-9-(2,4,5-trimethyl-3-thienyl)-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-oic acid ethyl ester, 9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethyl-phenyl)4-fluoro-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tet raen-1-oic acid ethyl ester and 9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-oi c acid ethyl ester, or the pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
4. The method of claim 1 or 2 wherein the rheumatic disease is rheumatoid arthritis.
5. The method of claim 1 or 2 wherein the rheumatic disease is Bechterew's ankylopoietic spondylarthritis.
6. The method of claim 1 or 2 wherein the rheumatic disease is psoriatic arthopathy.
7. The method of claim 3 wherein the composition is orally administered at a daily dose of about 0.25 to about 2.0 mg/kg. of body weight of said mammal.
8. The method of claim 3 or 7 wherein the retinoid is 9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-nona-2,4,6,8-tetraen-1-oi c acid ethyl ester.