Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Buspirone anti-anxiety method|
|Abstract:||Buspirone hydrochloride is an effective anti-anxiety agent for the palliative treatment of neurotic patients in which symptoms of anxiety are predominant at doses which are without observable effect in either normal individuals or psychotic patients.|
|Inventor(s):||Casten; George P. (Evansville, IN), McKinney; Gordon R. (Evansville, IN), Newton; Roger E. (Evansville, IN), Tompkins; E. Crosby (Evansville, IN), Weikel, Jr.; John H. (Mt. Vernon, IN)|
|Assignee:||Mead Johnson & Company (Evansville, IN)|
1. A method for the palliative treatment of neurosis in which anxiety symptoms are prominent which comprises administering a non-toxic anxiolytically effective dose of
buspirone or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt thereof to a neurotic patient.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein buspirone hydrochloride is employed, and dosage is by the oral route.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein said patient is suffering from anxiety neurosis.
4. The method of claim 2 wherein said patient is suffering from anxiety neurosis with depressive symptoms.
5. The method of claims 2, 3, or 5 wherein said patient is an adult and a daily dose of from 10 mg. to 60 mg. is employed.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein said daily dose is divided and administered b.i.d.
7. The method of claim 5 wherein said daily dose is divided and administered t.i.d.
8. The method of claim 2 wherein the maximum total daily dose of up to about 100 mg.
9. The method of claims 2, 3, or 4 wherein said patient is an adult and a daily dose of from 20 mg. to 30 mg. is employed.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.