|Abstract:||Novel acetamide derivatives have been discovered to have useful pharmaceutical activity on the central nervous system. They may be prepared by reacting the corresponding ester or acid halide with the appropriately substituted amine.|
|Inventor(s):||Lafon; Louis (Paris, FR)|
|Assignee:||Laboratoire L. Lafon (Maisons Alfort, FR)|
1. An acetamide derivative selected from the compounds of formula I ##STR8## wherein ring a and ring b are each substituted zero, one or more times by substituents selected from the
group consisting of fluoro, chloro, bromo, trifluoromethyl, nitro, amino, alkyl of 1 to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive, alkoxy of 1 to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive, and methylenedioxy; wherein Z is the radical >CHSO--; and wherein A is selected from the
group consisting of hydrogen, alkyl of 1 to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive, hydroxyalkyl of 1 to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive, and a group of formula R.sub.1 R.sub.2 N--Y--wherein Y is a divalent linear or branched chain hydrocarbon radical having 1 to 4 carbon
atoms, inclusive, in the chain, and R.sub.1 and R.sub.2, being the same or different, are selected from the group consisting of hydrogen and alkyl of 1 to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive; and addition salts of the compounds wherein A is a basic group.
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein A is R.sub.1 R.sub.2 N--Y--wherein Y is a divalent linear or branched chain hydrocarbon radical having 1 to 4 carbon atoms, inclusive, in the chain, and R.sub.1 and R.sub.2, together with the N atom to which they are attached, form a group selected from the group consisting of dimethylamine and diethylamine.
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein rings a and b are both unsubstituted and A is hydrogen, and pharmacologically acceptable acid addition salts thereof.
4. A compound of claim 1 which is benzhydrylsulphinylacetamide.
5. A pharamaceutical composition having activity on the central nervous system and consisting of, as an essential active ingredient, an active amount of a compound of claim 1.
6. The compound of claim 1, wherein Z is --CHSO-- and A is hydrogen, alkyl of 1 to 4 carbon atoms or hydroxyalkyl of 1 to 4 carbon atoms.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.