DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,166,182
|Title:||6-N-Propyl-8-methoxymethyl or methylmercaptomethylergolines and related compounds|
|Abstract:||6-n-Propyl (ethyl or allyl)-8.beta.-methoxy-(methylsulfinyl, methylsulfonyl, or methylmercapto) methylergolines, 8-ergolenes or 9-ergolenes, useful as prolactin inhibitors and in the treatment of Parkinsonism.|
|Inventor(s):||Kornfeld; Edmund C. (Indianapolis, IN), Bach; Nicholas J. (Indianapolis, IN)|
|Assignee:||Eli Lilly and Company (Indianapolis, IN)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR3## wherein Y is O, SO, SO.sub.2 or S, R.sup.1 is n-propyl, X is H, Cl or Br and R.sup.2, R.sup.3 and R.sup.4 when taken singly are hydrogen, and
R.sup.2 and R.sup.3, and R.sup.3 and R.sup.4, when taken together with the carbon atoms to which they are attached, form a double bond, and pharmaceutically-acceptable acid addition salts thereof.
2. A compound according to claim 1 in which Y is S.
3. A compound according to claim 1, said compound being D-6-n-propyl-8.beta.-methylmercaptomethylergoline.
4. A compound according to claim 1, said compound being D-6-n-propyl-8-methylmercaptomethyl-8-ergolene.
5. A compound according to claim 1, said compound being D-6-n-propyl-8.beta.-methylmercaptomethyl-9-ergolene.
6. A compound according to claim 1, said compound being D-6-n-propyl-8.beta.-methylmercaptomethylergoline mesylate.
7. A compound according to claim 1 in which Y is S, X is H and R.sup.1 is n-propyl.
8. A compound according to claim 1, said compound being D-6-n-propyl-8.beta.-methoxymethylergoline mesylate.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.