|Abstract:||1,2,3,4,5,6-Hexahydro-3-lower alkenyl-6-(R.sup.1)-11-(R.sup.2)-8-hydroxy-2,6-methano-3-benzazocines, wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 are hydrogen or lower alkyl, and certain ethers and esters thereof, are obtained from analogous 3-unsubstituted compounds. The products have pharmacodynamic activity and are useful as antagonists of strong analgesic agents, such as morphine and meperidine, and are useful in humans as agents for producing analgesia.|
|Inventor(s):||Archer; Sydney (Bethlehem, NY)|
|Assignee:||Sterling Drug Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. 1,2,3 ,4,5,6-Hexahydro-3-(3-methyl-2-butenyl)-6,11-dimethyl-8-hydroxy-2,6-methano -3-benzazocine having the structural formula ##STR9##
2. 1,2,3,4,5,6-Hexahydro-3-(2,3-butadien-1-yl)-6,11-dimethyl-8-hydroxy-2,6- m ethano-3-benzazocine having the structural formula ##STR10##
3. cis 1,2,3,4,5,6-Hexahydro-3-(3-methyl-2-butenyl)-6,11-dimethyl-8-hydroxy-2,6-m ethano-3-benzazocine.
4. dextro cis 1,2,3,4,5,6-Hexahydro-3-(3-methyl-2-butenyl)-6,11-dimethyl-8-hydroxy-2,6-m ethano-3-benzazocine.
5. levo cis 1,2,3,4,5,6-Hexahydro-3-(3-methyl-2-butenyl)-6,11-dimethyl-8-hydroxy-2,6-m ethano-3-benzazocine.
6. A nontoxic acid addition salt of 2-.beta.,.beta.-dimethyl-allyl-5,9-dimethyl-2'-hydroxy-6,7-benzmorphan.
7. 2-.beta.,.beta.-Dimethylallyl-5,9-dimethyl-2'-hydroxy-6,7-benzmorphan hydrochloride.
8. Iso-2-.beta. ,.beta.-dimethylallyl-5,9-dimethyl-2'-hydroxy-6,7-benzmorphan.
9. A chemical compound of the class consisting of a free base and its nontoxic, acid addition salts, the free base having the formula: ##STR11## in which R is a member selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, and acetyl, and Y is a polymethylallyl group having 5 to 6 carbon atoms.