Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Oxime ethers having anti-depressive activity|
|Abstract:||Novel 4'-trifluoromethylvalerophenone 0-(2-aminoethyl)oximes are found to exhibit a strong anti-depressive activity based on a strong serotone potentiation but with the absence of monoamino/oxidase inhibition and undesirable side effects.|
|Inventor(s):||Welle; Hendricus Bernardus Antonius (Utrecht, NL), Claassen; Volkert (Weesp, NL)|
|Assignee:||U.S. Philips Corporation (New York, NY)|
1. Oxime ether compounds of the formula ##STR10## and salts thereof with pharmaceutically acceptable acids, in which formula R is a cyano group, a cyanomethyl group, a
methoxymethyl group or an ethoxymethyl group.
2. The 5-Methoxy-4'-trifluoromethylvalerophenone O-(2-aminoethyl) oxime and salts thereof with pharmaceutically acceptable acids of claim 1.
3. The 5-Ethoxy-4'-trifluoromethylvalerophenone O-(2-aminoethyl) oxime and salts thereof with pharmaceutically acceptable acids of claim 1.
4. An oxime compound of the formula: ##STR11## wherein R is cyano or cyanomethyl.
5. The 4-Cyano-4'-trifluoromethylbutyrophenone O-(2-aminoethyl) oxime and salts thereof with pharmaceutically acceptable acids of claim 4.
6. The 5-Cyano-4'-trifluoromethylvalerophenone O-(2-aminoethyl) oxime and salts thereof with pharmaceutically acceptable acids of claim 4.
7. An antidepressive composition comprising a compound of claim 1 in an antidepressively effective amount and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier therefore.
8. A method of treating patients suffering from depression comprising administering to said patients a composition of claim 7 in an antidepressively effective amount.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.