DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,060,634
|Title:||Rapidly resorbable glibenclamide|
|Abstract:||A blood sugar lowering composition comprising as the active material particulate glibenclamide having a surface area of about 3 to 10 m.sup.2 /g in admixture with a pharmacologically acceptable non-ionic wetting agent present in about 2 to 20 times the weight of the glibenclamide. The preferred wetting agent is polyoxyethylene stearate present in about 5 to 10 times the weight of the glibenclamide.|
|Inventor(s):||Rothe; Werner (Hockenheim, DT), Heinemann; Helmut (Heidelberg, DT), Schmidt; Felix Helmut (Mannheim-Seckenheim, DT), Betzien; Gunter (Mannheim, DT)|
|Assignee:||Boehringer Mannheim G.m.b.H. (Mannheim, DT)|
1. A blood sugar lowering composition comprising microfine particulate glibenclamide having a surface area of about 3 to 10 m.sup.2 /g in admixture with a pharmacologically
acceptable non-ionic wetting agent present in about 2 to 20 times the weight of the glibenclamide.
2. The composition of claim 1, wherein the active material has a particle surface area of 5 to 10 m.sup.2 /g.
3. The composition of claim 1, wherein the dispersion agent is present in about 5 to 10 times the weight of the glibenclamide.
4. The composition of claim 1, wherein the wetting agent is polyoxyethylene stearate.
5. A unit dose of the composition of claim 4, wherein the glibenclamide is present in about 0.5 to 10 mg and the polyoxyethylene stearate is present in about 5 to 10 times the weight of the glibenclamide.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.