Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Solution of a oxazepine for oral or parenteral administration|
|Abstract:||Stable, soluble solutions of 2-chloro-11-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-dibenz[b,f][1,4]oxazepine are described, some of which are suitable for oral and others for parenteral administration.|
|Inventor(s):||Haeger; Bruce Edwin (Highland Mills, NY), Krueger; James Elwood (New City, NY), Lowery; James Alfred (New City, NY), Ritter; Lawrence (Suffern, NY)|
|Assignee:||American Cyanamid Company (Stamford, CT)|
1. A solubilized and stabilized solution comprising 2-chloro-11-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-dibenz[b,f][1,4]oxazepine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable acid-addition salt thereof, in
about 50% to about 80% v/v aqueous solution of propylene glycol having a pH of from about 5.0 to about 7.0.
2. A solution in accordance with claim 1, additionally containing from about 2% to about 10% polysorbate 80.
3. A solution in accordance with claim 1, for use as a oral concentrate.
4. A solution in accordance with claim 1, for use as a parenteral solution.
5. A solution in accordance with claim 2, for use as a parenteral solution.
6. A solution in accordance with claim 2, for use as a oral concentrate.
7. A method of preparing a solubilized and stabilized solution containing 2-chloro-11-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-dibenz[b,f][1,4]oxazepine, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, which comprises dissolving said oxazepine or salt thereof in about 50% to about 80% v/v aqueous solution of propylene glycol; adjusting the pH to about 5.0 to about 7.0 with a dilute mineral acid; and adding water to the desired volume.
8. A method according to claim 7, which involves the additional step of adding from about 2% to about 10% polysorbate 80.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.