Generated: April 24, 2017
|Title:||3-Loweralkylcarbamylsulfonamido-4-phenylaminopyridine-N-oxides, derivatives thereof and pharmaceutical compositions containing same|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to new derivatives of pyridine having anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties. The new derivatives of pyridine may be represented by the following general formula: ##STR1## in which X represents an amino, C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkylamino, oxy or thio group, R.sub.1 represents a group of the formula R.sub.3 NHCA (II), wherein A represents oxygen or sulfur, and R.sub.3 represents a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl, alkenyl, cycloalkyl, phenyl (which may be substituted) or R.sub.4 CO (III) group, R.sub.4 representing a phenyl group (which may be substituted), R.sub.2 represents hydrogen or a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 alkyl group and Z represents a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl, methylfuryl, pyridyl or phenyl group (which may be substituted). This invention relates also to the N-oxides of the compounds of formula I, as well as to the acid and base addition salts of said compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Delarge; Jacques E. (Dolembreux, BE), Lapiere; Charles L. (Tongeren, BE), Georges; Andre H. (Ottignies, BE)|
|Assignee:||A. Christiaens Societe Anonyme (Brussels, BE)|
1. A compound of the following formula: ##STR10## in which X represents an amino or C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkylamino group;
R.sub.1 represents a group of the formula:
where A represents oxygen or sulfur and R.sub.3 represents a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl, allyl, cyclohexyl, unsubstituted phenyl group or a phenyl group substituted by chloro, or a group of the formula R.sub.4 CO(III), wherein R.sub.4 represents an unsubstituted phenyl group or a phenyl group substituted by chloro; R.sub.2 represents hydrogen or a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl group, and Z represents a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl, methylfuryl, pyridyl or unsubstituted phenyl group, or a phenyl group substituted by one or two halogen atoms or by a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl, alkoxy, trifluoromethyl or nitro group, or by a trifluoromethyl group and a halogen atom with the provisos that:
1. when X represents an amino group, Z, R.sub.1, R.sub.2, R.sub.3 and R.sub.4 have all the above indicated meanings;
2. when X represents an alkylamino group, Z may only represent a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl group or a phenyl group as defined hereabove and R.sub.1 may further represent a group of the formula:
in which R.sub.5 represents hydrogen or a C.sub.1 -C.sub.4 -alkyl group;
3. when X represents an amino group and Z is other than a phenyl group, R.sub.1 may further represent hydrogen or a group of the formula (IV) as above defined,
as well as a pyridine N-oxide of the compound of formula I and the pharmaceutically acceptable base and acid addition salts of said compounds.
2. 3-Ethylcarbamylsulfonamido-4-(3'-trifluoromethyl)-phenylaminopyridine-N- oxide.
3. 3-I sopropylcarbamylsulfonamido-4-(3'-methyl)-phenylaminopyridine-N-oxide.
8. A pharmaceutical composition containing an anti-inflammatory or diuretic effective amount of a compound of claim 1 and a pharmaceutical carrier or vehicle.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.