Generated: May 27, 2017
|Title:||X-ray contrast media|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides new iodo benzene derivatives which have at least two benzene nuclei and one carboxylic group. These derivatives possess a low toxicity and may be used as X-ray contrast media.|
|Inventor(s):||Tilly; Guy (Aulnay-sous-Bois, FR), Hardouin; Michel Jean Charles (Aulnay-sous-Bois, FR), Lautrou; Jean (Aulnay-sous-Bois, FR)|
|Assignee:||Laboratoires Andre Guerbet (Aulnay-sous-Bois, FR)|
1. An iodobenzene derivative selected from the group consisting of a compound of the formula
##STR113## in which: R.sub.1 is ##STR114## R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 being each selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, lower alkyl, lower hydroxyalkyl and lower alkanoyloxyalkyl,
R.sub.2 is ##STR115## in which R.sub.9 and R.sub.10 have the meanings given for R.sub.5 and R.sub.6,
R.sub.4 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, lower alkyl and lower hydroxyalkyl,
R.sub.15 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, lower alkanoyl and polyhydroxy lower alkanoyl,
R.sub.16 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, lower alkyl, lower hydroxyalkyl and lower alkanoyl,
n is an integer from 1 to 5
b is 1 or 2
and the different R.sub.2, R.sub.4 and n which exist when b = 2 may have the same or different meanings,
a lower alkyl ester thereof and a salt thereof with a pharmaceutically acceptable base.
2. 2,4,6-triiodo- 3-N-hydroxyethylcarbamyl-5-(2,4,6-triiodo-3-N-methylcarbamyl-5-N-methyl-N-a cetylaminobenzoyl)-glycylamino-benzoic acid.
3. An X-ray contrast medium, comprising an aqueous solution of an effective amount of a pharmacologically acceptable salt of a compound as claimed in claim 1.
4. An X-ray contrast medium as claimed in claim 3, in which 100 ml. of said solution contains 5-100 g. of said salt.
5. X-Ray contrast medium, comprising an aqueous solution of an effective amount of a compound as claimed in claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.