Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Method of treating malignant neoplastic disease|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to pharmaceutical preparations and the method of utilizing them in the treatment of malignant neoplastic diseases. The administration of hydroxyurea or 1-ethyl-1-hydroxyurea has been found to be effective for the amelioration of the symptoms of various forms of leukemia, carcinoma or sarcoma in various organs of the body.|
|Inventor(s):||Bernstein; Jack (New Brunswick, NJ), Stearns; Barbara (Highland Park, NJ)|
|Assignee:||E. R. Squibb & Sons, Inc. (Princeton, NJ)|
1. A method of treating malignant neoplastic disease which comprises administering to a host afflicted with such disease a composition comprising about 50 mg. to about 4 gm. of hydroxyurea in pharmaceutical dosage form.
2. A method for the alleviation of malignant neoplastic disease which comprises administering to a human host afflicted with such disease about 20 to 80 mg./kg. per day of hydroxyurea in pharmaceutical dosage form.
3. A method for producing remissions in patients suffering from leukemia, carcinoma or sarcoma which comprises administering to said patient about 50 mg. to 4 gm. of hydroxyurea in one day in a pharmaceutical unit dosage form.
4. A method as in claim 3 for producing remissions in leukemia.
5. A method as in claim 3 for producing remissions in chronic myelocytic leukemia.
6. A method as in claim 4 wherein the amount is 20 to 60 mg./kg. per day.
7. A method as in claim 3 for producing remissions in carcinoma.
8. A method as in claim 7 for producing remissions in carcinoma of the bladder.
9. A method as in claim 7 for producing remissions in carcinoma of the ovary.
10. A method as in claim 3 for producing remissions in melanoma.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.