Generated: April 23, 2017
|Title:||Sodium chromoglycate inhalation medicament|
|Abstract:||Dosage units comprise a capsule containing a mixture of a solid, finely divided medicament having an effective particle size in the range 0.01 to 10 microns, and a solid, pharmaceutically acceptable, water-soluble carrier having an effective particle size in the range 30 to 80 microns. The compositions are suitable for use in inhalation therapy. The compositions are administered by dispersing the composition into an air stream by subjecting a dosage unit capsule to simultaneous rotation and vibration.|
|Inventor(s):||Hartley; Philip Saxton (Kegworth, EN), Gunning; Stephen Raymond (East Leake, near Loughborough, EN)|
|Assignee:||Fisons Limited (London, EN)|
1. A pharmaceutical dosage unit which comprises a pierceable capsule containing a powder composition for inhalation which consists essentially of a heterogeneous particle size readily
fluidizable mixture of sodium chromoglycate having an effective particle size in the range 0.01 to 10 microns and a solid pharmaceutically acceptable water-soluble inhalation powder carrier having an effective, coarser particle size in the range of 30 to
80 microns the powder composition containing from 10% to 75% by weight of sodium chromoglycate and from 90% to 25% by weight of said carrier.
2. A dosage unit as claimed in claim 1, wherein the capsule is pierced.
3. A dosage unit according to claim 1 containing from 10 to 100 mg of the said powder composition.
4. A dosage unit according to claim 1 comprising a capsule which is from about one-twelfth to about ten-twelfths full.
5. A dosage unit according to claim 4 comprising a capsule which is about one-third full.
6. A dosage unit according to claim 1 wherein at least 50% by weight of the sodium chromoglycate has an effective particle size of from 2 to 6 microns.
7. A method of administering a pharmaceutical composition, as defined in claim 1, to humans which comprises dispersing the composition into a airstream for inhalation by subjecting a dosage unit as claimed in claim 1 to simultaneous rotation and vibration.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.