Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Orally active bronchospasmolytic compounds and their preparation|
|Abstract:||Novel compounds are disclosed having useful activity as bronchodilators of improved longevity of action and reduced incidence of side effects. These compounds are described by the formula: ##EQU1## wherein R.sub.1 is a member of the class consisting of tertiary butyl and cyclobutyl, and R.sub.2 is a hydrogen or 2 to 5 carbon atom acyl radical, and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof. The activity of these compounds is compared to previously known bronchodilators such as 1-(3', 5'-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-(isopropylamino)-ethanol, having the common name orciprenaline, and 1-(3', 4'-dihydroxyphenyl-2-isoproplyamino-ethanol, having the common name isoprenaline.|
|Inventor(s):||Wetterlin; Kjell Ingvar Leopold (Sandby, SW), Svensson; Leif Ake (Lund, SW)|
|Assignee:||Aktiebolaget Draco (Lund, SW)|
1. A method of producing bronchial dilation in animals, including humans, in need therof, comprising the administration of a therapeutically effective amount of a compound selected
from the group consisting of ethanol amines having the formulas ##EQU19## wherein R.sub.2 is the acyl radical of a 2-5 carbon fatty acid and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
2. The method according to claim 1 wherein said compound is 1-(3',5'-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-(tert.-butylamino)ethanol or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
3. The method according to claim 1 wherein said compound is 1-(3',5'-diisobutyryloxyphenyl)-2-(tert.-butylamino)ethanol or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
4. A composition for producing bronchial dilation comprising a therapeutically effective amount of a compound selected from the group consisting of the ethanol amines having the formulas: ##EQU20## wherein R.sub.2 is the acyl radical of a 2-5 carbon fatty acid and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof, in combination with a pharmaceutical carrier.
5. The composition according to claim 4 wherein said compound is 1-(3',5'-dihydroxyphenyl)-2-(tert.-butylamino)ethanol or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
6. The composition as described in claim 4, wherein said compound is present in the range of 0.1 to 20 percent by weight.
7. The composition of claim 4 in dosage unit form containing said compound in the range of 0.05 to 50 milligrams.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.