Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||Novel 2-aminoalkyl-7-substituted-1,2,3,4-tetrahydroquinoline compounds, useful as effective anti-schistosomal agents, are disclosed and suitable modes of preparation are described. These compounds all possess either nitro, cyano or halogen substituted at the 7-position of the molecule, in addition to having a methyl, hydroxymethyl, alkoxymethyl or formyl group located at the adjacent 6-position.|
|Inventor(s):||Richards; Hugh Colin (Canterbury, EN)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A compound of the formula: ##SPC5##
and the pharmaceutically acceptable mono-acid addition salts thereof, wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2, when taken separately, are each selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, alkyl having from 1 to 5 carbon atoms, .beta.-hydroxyethyl and cycloalkyl having from 3 to 6 carbon atoms; R.sup.1 and R.sup.2, when taken together, complete a ring selected from the group consisting of pyrrolidino, piperidino and morpholino; R.sup.3 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, methyl and ethyl; R.sup.4 is methyl; R.sup.5 is selected from the group consisting of nitro, cyano, fluorine, chlorine and bromine, R.sup.6 is hydrogen or methyl; R.sup.8 is hydrogen or methyl, and n is 1 or 2, and the N-oxides of said base compounds wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2, when taken separately, are each other than hydrogen.
2. A compound as claimed in claim 1 wherein R.sup.3 is hydrogen, R.sup.5 is nitro, R.sup.6 is hydrogen, R.sup.8 is hydrogen, and n is 1.
3. A compound as claimed in claim 2 wherein R.sup.1 and R.sup.2 are each ethyl.
4. A compound as claimed in claim 2 wherein R.sup.1 is ethyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
5. A compound as claimed in claim 2 wherein R.sup.1 is isopropyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
6. A compound as claimed in claim 2 wherein R.sup.1 is tertiary-butyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
7. A compound as claimed in claim 2 wherein R.sup.1 is secondary-butyl and R.sup.2 is hydrogen.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.