Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Stabilized tretinoin cream emulsion|
|Abstract:||A stabilized cream emulsion of tretinoin, capable of being stored without refrigeration for long periods of time without losing therapeutic effectiveness and while maintaining the uniformity and stability of the cream, contains xanthan gum as the stabilizer.|
|Inventor(s):||Felty; Lanny G. (Jackson, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Johnson & Johnson (New Brunswick, NJ)|
1. In a tretinoin cream emulsion for topical application comprising from about 0.005 to about 0.5% by weight of tretinoin, from about 1.0 to about 10.0% by weight of an
emulsifier, from about 15.0 to about 50.0% by weight of a hydrophobic material selected from the group consisting of petrolatum, beeswax, sperm wax, lanolin, mineral oil, the liquid and solid fatty acids having from about 12 to about 20 carbon atoms,
fatty alcohols having from about 12 to about 20 carbon atoms, and fatty acid esters wherein the fatty acid moiety has from about 12 to about 20 carbon atoms, from about 0.05 to about 1.0% by weight of a preservative, from about 0.01 to about 1.0% by
weight of an antioxidant, and water, the improvement which comprises also having therein as a stabilizer to prevent breaking of the emulsion, from about 0.1 to about 1.0% by weight of xanthan gum.
2. The product of claim 1 wherein the emulsifier is a non-ionic emulsifier.
3. The product of claim 1 which contains from about 0.3 to about 0.5% by weight of xanthan gum.
4. The product of claim 2 wherein the emulsifier is selected from the group consisting of polyoxyethylene 25 oxypropylene stearate, polyoxyl 40 stearate, polyethylene glycol 400 monostearate, polyethylene glycol 600 monostearate, polyoxyethylene 20 stearyl ether and polyoxyethylene 2 stearyl ether.
5. The product of claim 1 wherein the preservative is sorbic acid.
6. The product of claim 1 wherein the antioxidant is a member selected from the group consisting of butylated hydroxytoluene, and dl-alpha tocopherol.
7. The product of claim 1 wherein the hydrophobic material is selected from the group consisting of a stearyl alcohol, petrolatum, stearic acid, isopropyl myristate, cetyl alcohol, beeswax, sperm wax, lanolin, mineral oil and glyceryl monostearate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.