Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||METHOD OF TREATING VAGINITIS|
|Abstract:||Lactulose has been found to be effective in the treatment of vaginitis.|
|Inventor(s):||Wootton; Leslie William (Kingsdown near Sevenoaks, EN)|
|Assignee:||U.S. Philips Corporation (New York, NY)|
1. A method of treating women suffering from vaginitis which method comprises intravaginally administering to said women a daily effective amount of lactulose.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein lactulose is administered in an amount of 4 to 10 grammes once or twice a day.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein lactulose is administered daily in 1 or 2 doses of 5 grammes.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein lactulose is administered in the form of a syrup containing about 50% by weight of lactulose, about 5% by weight of lactose, about 8% by weight of galactose and the remainder water.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the administration of lactulose is preceded by or combined with the intravaginal administration of a daily effective amount of an antibiotic selected from the group consisting of Nystatin and Pimafucin.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein lactulose is administered in the form of an intravaginal tampon loaded with an effective amount of lactulose.
7. The method of claim 4 wherein the lactulose syrup is contained in an intravaginal tampon.
8. Intravaginal tampon loaded with an effective amount of lactulose.
9. Intravaginal tampon of claim 8 loaded with an effective amount of a syrup containing about 50% by weight of lactulose, about 5% by weight of lactose, about 8% by weight of galactose and the remainder water.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.