DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 3,855,140
|Abstract:||The disclosure relates to cleansing compositions containing a soluble salt of chlorhexidine, a polyoxyethylenepolyoxypropylene block co-polymer and an inert diluent or carrier.|
|Inventor(s):||Billany; Michael Royston (Macclesfield, EN), Longworth; Arthur Raymond (Macclesfield, EN), Shatwell; John (Macclesfield, EN)|
|Assignee:||Imperial Chemical Industries Limited (London, EN)|
1. A skin-cleansing composition which consists essentially of from 0.5 to 10.0 percent w/v of a salt of chlorhexidine which is soluble to the extent of at least 0.5 percent w/v
in water at ambient temperature, selected from the group consisting of the gluconate, isethionate, formate, acetate, glutamate, succinamate, mono-diglycollate, di-methanesulphonate, lactate, di-isobutyrate and glucoheptonate salt, a
polyoxyethylene-polyoxypropylene block copolymer of the formula ##SPC2##
wherein a, b and c are integers, such that said copolymer consists of 70 percent of polyoxyethylene and wherein the molecular weight of the polyoxypropylene content is about 2250, and water.
2. The composition of claim 1 which contains between 10 and 30 percent of copolymer.
3. The composition of claim 1 which contains from 0.5 to 5.0 percent of chlorhexidine gluconate.
4. The composition of claim 1 which additionally contains an amine oxide foaming agent selected from the group consisting of cetyldimethylamine oxide, lauryldimethylamine oxide, cetylmethylmyristylamine oxide and dimethylmyristylamine oxide.
5. A composition according to claim 1 wherein gluconolactone is included to provide a pH between 5 and 7.
6. The composition of claim 1 which consists essentially of from 0.5 to 5.0 percent of chlorhexidine gluconate, 25 percent of the copolymer containing 70 percent of polyoxyethylene and with a polyoxypropylene molecular weight of about 2250, and about 3.75 percent of an amine oxide foaming agent selected from the group consisting of cetyldimethylamine oxide, lauryldimethylamine oxide, cetylmethylmyristylamine oxde and dimethylmyristylamine oxide, together with said water.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally: