Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
|Abstract:||The present invention concerns itself with .alpha.-nicotinoyl phenylacetonitriles and derivatives thereof which are useful as chemical intermediates in the preparation of novel aza-dibenzo [a,d]cycloheptenes.|
|Inventor(s):||Villani; Frank J. (West Caldwell, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Bloomfield, NJ)|
1. A member selected from the group consisting of a compound having the formula:
wherein Q is a member selected from the group consisting of lower loweralkoxy, halogen or trifluoromethyl.
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein Q represents halogen.
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein the halogen is chloro.
4. A compound of claim 1 wherein Q is trifluoromethyl.
5. A compound of claim 3 wherein chloro is located at the 3-position of the phenyl moiety.