Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||PHENYL BENZOIC ACID COMPOUNDS|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to substituted 5-(phenyl)benzoic acids, esters and non-toxic pharmaceutically accepted salts thereof and processes for their preparation. The substituted 5-(phenyl)benzoic acids are useful as anti-inflammatory compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Ruyle; William V. (Scotch Plains, NJ), Sarett; Lewis H. (Skillman, NJ), Matzuk; Alexander R. (Colonia, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Merck & Co., Inc. (Rahway, NJ)|
1. A compound of the formula: ##SPC3##
or a pharmaceutically acceptable non-toxic salt thereof wherein X is fluoro;
R.sub.1 is hydroxy, phenoxy, and;
R.sub.2 is hydrogen or lower alkanoyl;
R.sub.3 is hydrogen.
2. A compound of the formula: ##SPC4##
or a pharmaceutically acceptable non-toxic salt thereof wherein R.sub.2 is hydrogen or lower alkanoyl.
3. The compound of claim 2 which is 2-hydroxy-5-(pentafluorophenyl) benzoic acid.
4. The compound of claim 2 which is 2-hydroxy-5-(2'-fluorophenyl)-benzoic acid.
5. The compound of claim 2 which is 2-hydroxy-5-(3'-fluorophenyl)-benzoic acid.
6. The compound of claim 2 which is 2-hydroxy-5-(2',4'-difluorophenyl)-benzoic acid.
7. A compound of the formula:
or a pharmaceutically acceptable non-toxic salt thereof wherein R.sub.2 is hydrogen or acetyl.
8. The compound of claim 7 which is 2-hydroxy-5-(4'-fluorophenyl)benzoic acid.
9. The compound of claim 7 which is 2-acetoxy-5-(4'-fluorophenyl)benzoic acid.
10. The compound of claim 7 wherein R.sub.2 is hydrogen and the pharmaceutically acceptable non-toxic salt is the choline salt of the acid.
11. The compound of claim 1 which is phenyl 2-hydroxy-5-(4'-fluorophenyl)benzoate.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.