Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Manage your formulary budget
Find generic entry opportunities
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||2-Hydroxymethyl-3-hydroxy-6-(1-hydroxy-2-aminoethyl)-pyridines and salts thereof, a novel class of .beta.-adrenergic agonist bronchodilators in mammals, and 2-hydroxymethyl-3-benzyloxy-6-pyridinecarboxaldehyde a valuable intermediate in the preparation of the subject compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Barth; Wayne E. (New London, CT)|
|Assignee:||Pfizer Inc. (New York, NY)|
1. A compound selected from those of the formula:
and the pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salts thereof, wherein:
R.sub.1 is selected from the group consisting of hydrogen, alkyl containing from one to five carbon atoms and phenylalkyl and substituted phenylalkyl wherein said alkyl group contains from three to five carbon atoms and said substituent is selected from the group consisting of hydroxy, methoxy, 3,4-dimethoxy and
2. The compound of claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 is alkyl containing from one to five carbon atoms.
3. The compound of claim 2 wherein R.sub.1 is iso-propyl.
4. The compound of claim 2 wherein R.sub.1 is tert-butyl.
5. The compound of claim 1 wherein R.sub.1 is substituted phenylalkyl wherein said alkyl contains from three to five carbon atoms.
6. The compound of claim 5 wherein R.sub.1 is 3-(4'-methoxyphenyl)-1-methylpropyl of the formula:
7. The compound of claim 5 wherein R.sub.1 is 3-(4'-hydroxyphenyl)-1-methylpropyl of the formula:
8. The compound of claim 5 wherein R.sub.1 is 2-(4'-methoxyphenyl)1-methylethyl of the formula:
9. The compound of claim 5 wherein R.sub.1 is 2-(4'-hydroxyphenyl)-1-methylethyl of the formula:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.