Generated: May 25, 2017
|Title:||METHOD OF REDUCING HYPERCHOLESTEREMIA IN HUMANS EMPLOYING A COPOLYMER OF POLYETHYLENEPOLYAMINE AND A BIFUNCTIONAL SUBSTANCE, SUCH AS EPICHLOROHYDRIA|
|Abstract:||Compositions and processes are provided for lowering hypercholesteremia in mammals and birds. Oral administration to affected mammals and birds supplies an effective amount of a cholesterol-lowering substance. The cholesterol-lowering substance is a nontoxic cross-linked copolymer of a polyethylenepolyamine and a bifunctional substance containing halogen atoms and/or epoxy groups.|
|Inventor(s):||Nelson; Norman A. (Galesburg, MI), VandenBerg; Gary E. (Plant City, FL)|
1. A method of reducing hypercholesteremia in an affected human which consists essentially of orally administering to said human an effective nontoxic amount for reducing
hypercholesteremia in said human of a member selected from the group consisting of the free bases and pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salts of a cross-linked copolymerization product of (a) a polyethylenepolyamine containing from about two to
about 10 ethylene units and having a molecular weight of from about 103 to an average molecular weight of about 450 and (b) a second member selected from the group consisting of epichlorohydrin, glycerol-1,3-dichlorohydrin, 1,2:3,4-diepoxybutane,
bis-epoxypropyl ether, ethylene glycol bis-epoxypropyl ether and 1,4-butanediol bis-epoxypropyl ether wherein said product contains by weight from about 10 percent to about 47 percent of said second member.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the polyethylenepolyamine is tetraethylenepentamine and the second member is epichlorohydrin.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the cross-linked copolymer is administered in the form of an aqueous dispersion.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the polyethylenepolyamine is diethylene triamine and the second member is epichlorohydrin.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the polyethylenepolyamine is triethylenetetramine.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein the second member is epichlorohydrin.
7. The method of claim 1 which includes tocamphyl or florantyrone as an additional active ingredient.
8. The method of claim 1 which includes clofibrate as an additional active ingredient.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.