Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||INTRAUTERINE CONTRACEPTIVE METHOD|
|Abstract:||A method of contraception is disclosed characterized by providing for the presence of elemental copper or zinc in the uterine cavity. This invention is preferably practiced by wrapping a small amount of wire or foil or by placing a sleeve around a conventional intrauterine device prior to implantation. In a modification of this method, two different metals are employed to provide improved effectiveness.|
|Inventor(s):||Zipper; Jaime A. (Santiago, CE)|
|Assignee:||G. D. Searle & Co. (Chicago, IL)|
1. A method of contraception which comprises placing a contraceptively effective amount of an elemental metal selected from the group consisting of copper and zinc in the uterine
2. A method as in claim 1 wherein a said elemental metal is attached to an intrauterine device effective to retain said metal in the uterine cavity over a prolonged period of time.
3. A method as in claim 1 wherein said metal in is in the form of a pharmaceutically acceptable alloy.
4. A method as in claim 1 wherein two dissimilar pharmaceutically acceptable metals are placed in the uterine cavity in contact with each other, at least one of said metals being selected from the group consisting of copper and zinc.
5. A method as in claim 4 wherein said dissimilar metals are silver and copper.
6. A method as in claim 1 wherein said elemental metal has an exposed surface area of at least about 20 square millimeters.
7. An intrauterine contraceptive device adaptable to insertion in the uterine cavity and capable of being retained therein for prolonged periods of time, said device including a contraceptively effective amount of an elemental metal selected from the group consisting of copper and zinc.
8. An intrauterine contraceptive device as in claim 7 wherein said elemental metal has an exposed surface area of at least about 20 square millimeters.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.